Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Prodigal Blogger Returns Home

Okay, it's been quite a while since I've done anything with the blog, and while I've had a bit of a malaise when it comes to blogging, I've not been ignoring the hobby.

First off, yes there have been few updates, and yes I've let time and this blog get away from me.  But I'm making a concerted effort to get out of this funk I've been in and that includes updating the blog.

 For the rest of it, hit the jump.


Painting:  I've finally finished those damnable Stormboyz.  I had started them, then wasn't happy with them, and then changed from traditional painting to dipping.  So I used the Simple Green solution to clean them off and start over.  I have pictures and will write up the process.  My Ork Trukk is about 35% complete.  I'm making a push to get it done before I go to my buddy Steve's painting party at the end of February.  Mostly because while I could paint it there, I don't want to show up with this sense of "I should be farther ahead with my painting then I am," so I'm painting a bunch before hand so there I can focus on either basecoating a bunch of Ork Boyz, or work on my Deff Dread.

Reading:  I'm halfway through Mechanicum in the Horus Heresy series.  Surprisingly hard to get into at first (since it is a Graham McNeill book) I've really started to dig seeing how entrenched the forces of Chaos were able to embed themselves, and how close to Terra they were.  I'm also enjoying how superstitious the Mechanicum is, and how Chaos used that against them.

Blogging:  I have a backlog of articles I need to finish.  My review of Ultramarines the Movie, my article about using Simple Green.  and some other goodies.

So I'm back, and I'll apology now to everyone's sense of decorum, grammar, spelling, and anything else I'll probably offend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment