Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dawn of War II - The Last Stand My Own Personal Update


So last week when I was discussing the Dawn of War II DLC "The Last Stand" I commented that I was getting dumped into solo games after loading.

I have fixed that.

After updating my video drivers (I was one release back) I also installed the latest version of the AMD Dual Core Optimizer.  Once both of those were done (and I'm fairly certain the Optimizer was the big deal) I was able to play with other people.

This is great because I couldn't get past Wave 5 by myself.  I also couldn't level up very fast.  Now I'm level 9 with my Mekboy and I've reached Wave 16.  I'll go into more detail after the jump, but if you're playing and you don't want to know what Wave 16 is, then don't read past the jump.



So Wave 16 is made up of evil doppelgangers of your heroes.  The first time I hit it I had no idea I just was annoyed that our tactic we had been using had been turned around on us.  However, after playing last night I was able to get a better handle.  I also noticed that if I was attacking one of the other character's doppelgangers if my doppleganger got close I switched to attack him.  I wanted to think this was something they did for this wave, but it could just be game mechanics with enemy AI trying to draw your fire.

Either way, I have not been able to get past Wave 16.  So...if anyone has any ideas, strategies I could use, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment