Wednesday, February 4, 2009

5 Ways Warhammer 40,000 Could Save Heroes

Okay, so like me you've probably found the fire for Heroes is almost out. You gave it a go, but ever since the Season 1 finale disappointed, it's been a tough go for the show. I understand. I'm there too. But fear not, for I have just what the doctor ordered to save Heroes:

Warhammer 40,000

Don't believe me? Well read on, because I have 5 reasons that a dose of 40k goodness could save Heroes.

1) It's in the future, and Heroes loves to save the future
Heroes relies on a tried and true plot device of time travel, with the Heroes constantly trying to forestall some horrible event or happening in the future. Well what better future to try to stop than the one where Humanity is battling for its very survival with Eldar, Tau, Necrons, and Orks beating down on humanity's last hope: Space Marines and the Imperial Guard. Wouldn't it be totally awesome to see Peter get all mopy and doubt-filled as Orks ripped him apart and feasted on his soft pink flesh. Would Claire heal after a Stompa stomped her? Would Parkman's ability drive him mad when his mind touched the Warp?

2) Waagh!
The enemies of Humanity are just the kind of kick-ass force to make the Heroes actually do something for a change. So much talk, so little action. Well Orks, they don't like talk. And Necrons, do they even talk at all? Let the Heroes discuss the moral conundrums of who they are, and how to use their powers, while Da Green Tide pours down on them.

3) The Emperor could be a Hero.
I know that is borderline blasphemy, but think about it. He could be the one Hero worth surviving, and as such it's no surprise he outlasts all the others. Or Maybe the Emperor is Peter, or Sylar. Individually the powers of each Hero is kind of lame. I can read minds, but I can't really do anything with the info I get. I can't get hurt, but I pop my shoulder out of its socket everytime I pick up my purse. But Peter and Sylar combine the powers. I don't get hurt which makes using the radiation power worthwhile. So why couldn't one of them use their powers to rule mankind for a few thousand millenia? Or perhaps he's another hero who hates the wussified Heroes running around and eventually takes over the world?

4) Ali Larter looks good no matter what millenium it is.
I'm just sayin'...

5) Who says they have to fight with the Space Marines?
I mean I'm all for watching someone like Mohinder having his head pop like an overripe melon when shot by a Space Marine.

Could the show get any worse? I doubt it, especially if they incorporated some kick ass 40K stuff to save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment