Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Important Public Service Announcement

Sorry, no 40K Neotube this week.  I really am not in the mood to go through looking for videos about 40K.

What I do want to talk to you about is a very serious situation that has slammed the small town I live in.  I have never covered a non-40K item here on this blog, and I don't plan on doing it again.  However, I want to talk about these three boys:
These are Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton.  They have been missing since Thanksgiving.  If you live in the United States you may have heard about their story.  Basically they were last seen in their father's backyard Thanksgiving afternoon.  Their father, John Skelton claimed he gave them to a woman he knew to bring to their mom while he attempted to commit suicide.  The father has been arrested for Parental Kidnapping, and the boys have not been seen since.

This story hits home for me on several levels.  First of all, they are from Morenci, Michigan which is where I live.  I know the family, or at least some of them.  This has shaken our little town to the core, and yet it has withstood the pressure, set aside differences, and come together to support and protect the family.  Christmas is considered a season of hope and love, and I have seen that here.  Hundreds of people have volunteered to brave the elements and help search for the boys.  Others have cooked food for the volunteers, or the family.  So many people have set aside so much to help this family, and word is the family has said it helps.

The other way it hits home, is all three of those boys go to the same school my daughter goes to.  Alexander is the same age as my daughter, but a year behind her in school.  I look at his picture, and the pictures of his brothers, and I can't imagine what state I would be in if this happened to my daughter.

If anyone out there knows anything about the whereabouts of these boys are, please contact the Morenci Police at 517-458-7104.  There is a $10,000 reward for their safe return, and I know so many of us here in this small town just want closure.  We cling to the hope that they are still alive, but we are braced for the worst.  Either way, we just want this to end so the family can come to terms with this.

Please, if you are reading this and know something about the whereabouts of these boys, please call.  We need this over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment