Monday, April 4, 2011

Work In Progress: Ork Trukk

Last year when I started dipping my Orks I had planned on doing it just for my standard Ork Boyz and then do traditional painting for what I termed the "fun figures" like my Ork Trukk.  Well after looking at my Orks I've decided to dip everything because I'll get a more consistent look to my army.  So since then I've cleaned my Stormboyz off and repainted them, and now I'm on my Ork Trukk.  I've painted and dipped the frame and trukk bed, and I've painted part of the cab.  My daughter is on spring break this week so I'm not sure if my plan to have it done by the end of the week will pan out or not, but we'll see.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.  I think the only area I'm not please with is the tires.  I tried to make the wheels look like a hodgepodge of patched metal and rubber, and it really looked more clownish than I wanted.  I mean I'm no Cool Mini or Not level of painting, but I'm more interested in painting a table top ready army to game with than to be the next Rembrandt of miniature painting.

Also, if the trukk looks bad remember I don't have the best camera and I'm totally blaming it on that and not my measly painting skills.

Hit the jump to see the pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment